I have been clipping websites with good math lesson plans into my Evernote account. I have made the list public:
I tried to organize it by adding a descriptor at the beginning –
Assessment – can be used for assessment purposes
General – websites with lots of different math lesson plans
Real Life – websites that generate lesson plans based on real life examples
Short – Can be used for entrance tickets/transition activities
Virtual Filing Cabinets – Bloggers who share the lesson plans they use
Some initial thoughts:
1) Dan Meyer (dy/dan) and Fawn Nyguyen rock.
2) The lesson plans at the Shell center are amazing – not only do they give you everything (including common student mistakes) – they have been tested in classrooms and revised. I haven’t had the chance to look at many of the other ones.
MATH TEACHING TOOLS:
I also have been trying to keep track of the cool math (and general) teaching tool websites (Desmos etc…). Check out my list:
1) Desmos and Geobra are incredible.
2) At the end of the Beyond Graphing Calculators pdf there is a list of good ipad apps.
3) Screencast -O-Matic is how the Khan Academy guy makes his videos.
4) Check out the msmathwiki – it is the Twitter math camp resource page – awesome collection of links.
Please let me know websites you think are awesome, by leaving a comment and I will try to add it to the list.